Sunday, June 5, 2011

End of the Year: Beginning of the Year

Well the end of the year is a sad time but also a happy time for me.  I will truly miss my students that will transition from 4th to 5th grade.  As always, you never know where you will be the next year.  The other EC teacher that is at my school is retiring this year.  That's sad too because we could always cover each other and help each other out.  We could always ask each other EC questions to confirm what we were doing was correct.  The state seems to think that one EC teacher can effectively serve 35 students on a case load with varying abilities.  If anyone has any suggestions as to how to effectively do this, please share!!  Looking towards next school year I will try to figure out how to tie in some of the strategies we have discussed with EC students learning to read.  I feel overwhelmed already.  Then there's the Praxis II to think about. I guess I'll try to take that in July.  The positive side, next year at this time with the Lord's help, we'll be done with grad school, y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the Praxis II. All of the tests that have to be taken are so overwhelming. I had to take even more since I was going to school in NC and planning to teach in VA, but thankfully all of the testing is over for me (as long as no new guidelines come up...). And yes, next year at this time, we will be finished with our grad school and can relax!

    ReplyDelete