Sunday, June 12, 2011

Task 1: Teaching Social Studies: A Literacy-Based Approach by Schell & Fisher

Chapter 4 of  "Teaching Social Studies: A Literacy Based Approach by Schell & Fisher"  offered some really good suggestions.  Some I think would be fun as well as engaging for the students rather than just sitting, reading the chapter and answer the questions.  I liked the "Four Corners" idea, "Jigsaw Reading" and definitely the simulation activity since our group will be focusing on flight; would like to try and possibly tie these in with our unit but am not sure how at this point.  Anyone one with any ideas, let us know.  I can see using these strategies in my classroom for next year and more so if I have the opportunity to do some inclusion.  "Book Bags"  is another strategy I've used in my class.

1 comment:

  1. So many great ideas for next year! I wish in knew about all the books we are using for our summer course a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete